BY: Janine Mitchell
Change consultant / Changing mindset / Hypnotherapy
Comments: No Comments
[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.61″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid”]
Are you feeling stuck in a certain area of your life and wondering if hypnotherapy will work? Have you heard certain things about hypnotherapy and wondering whether something like that would be suitable for you? Have you ever wondered how hypnotherapy can help you with something that feels like it’s been keeping you stuck for years?
First of all, I want to teach you this. We are in hypnosis for the most part of the day. Driving along the road and wondered how you got somewhere? On a long phone call to a friend. Engrossed in a TV programme or a film, scanning through the internet. That day dreamy type state you find yourself in. This is hypnosis type state. Thats all it is!
So why is hypnosis so effective and how can it help?
It is very hard to make a change at a conscious level. Most of us find it easier or more comfortable to stay stuck in old habits or patterns of thinking. Yes, consciously we don’t want to stay stuck, but our subconscious programming has a different agenda. This will be based on old beliefs that are keeping us from moving forward. These are called ‘limiting beliefs’.
Another thing to remember is that that the mind is separated into two parts, the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. The conscious part of our mind only makes up around 5%. This is the part that is responsible for reasoning and logic. Whereas the subconscious mind takes up the rest, a whopping 95%. All our internal programmes, beliefs, emotions. It is essentially our storehouse.
Why do we stay stuck when really all we want to do is change?
We are continually instructing our subconscious mind in a certain way, usually a repeated pattern from the past. This is based on those old beliefs we formed a long time ago.
So, say your goal is to be happy. Why aren’t you feeling happy right now? What is going on that’s getting in the way of your happiness?
Why do old patterns tend to continue over and over?
This is usually based on learnt behaviour. Something at a subconscious level keeps us in our safety zone if you will. We don’t want to face the fear of the unknown, whatever that might be, so its easier to stay where we are.
Why is hypnotherapy so effective?
As I mentioned above, it is hard to change with the use of our conscious mind alone. We need to work with the subconscious mind, and get it on side to enable us to work with the changes we want. What we can do then, is work with the stuck limiting beliefs. Hypnotherapy works powerfully directly with the subconscious mind to do just that. In a nutshell, if we created certain beliefs, we can un-create them. Like erasing an old computer programme.
I see huge shifts with clients I work with. In only a few sessions, deep routed anxiety, stress and depression is shifted. I also see amazing results with clients who have issues around confidence, self esteem, and fears of any kind. Happy clients report success in a really short space of time. It really is great to witness time and time again, thats why I love the work that I do.
See what other clients have had to say and feel free to contact me on the form below for more information.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]